Permanent, Full time (32.5 hours) Term Time Only + 5 additional training days
We are offering an exciting opportunity to progress your career and undertake structured training and development to enable you to support a students who require intimate care and physiotherapy support. This role will also give you the opportunity to support other SEND students across the age, ability and subject range. You will be joining a skilled, dedicated and supportive team of staff in our SEND faculty and a College which supports inclusion, independence and meaningful progression for all students.
As a College we are committed to investing in our teaching assistants and their talent. Starting with a comprehensive induction programme we make sure every TA is clear about their role, and has the tools, knowledge and learning they need to perform well and make a difference. We provide fortnightly structured CPD either delivered by our specialist staff or external professionals to give you the opportunity to learn more about specialism areas or strategies to work with specific students.
With this specific role you will be offered the opportunity to undertake a range of training including, but not limited to, moving and handling training, intimate care training and physiotherapy training. You will be fully supported by the SEND faculty while undertaking this role.
Our College is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check. We do not accept CVs.
In return, IVC can offer you:
• the opportunity to work in a team where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including positions across our growing Trust, the Eastern Learning Alliance
• access to the opportunities created through the Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to our Trust schools’ sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day, and half price Adult Education classes for you and your friends/family
The ELA is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am 28th September 2021
An application pack is available from our website www.easternlearningalliance.org.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form – we cannot accept CVs. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the College, please contact HR Enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.