The Cavendish School Teaching Assistant (all Levels)
Required – January 2022
Salary: £18198 – £20,092 FTE (Approx £15,496 – £17,109 Pro-rata)
(Encapsulating Level 1/point 2 – Level 3/Point 7)
Closing Date: Noon Friday 08th October 2021
Are you a passionate teaching assistant who is committed, energetic and enthusiastic, looking to play your part in transforming the lives of children and young people with autism? The Cavendish School (TCS) opened in September 2021 as part of Eastern Learning Alliance. We are a trust with an excellent track record in inclusion and special needs that has as its core vision the drive to ‘build a better world through education’. Through our mission of enabling-the-self, our aim isto be an outstanding and inspiring learning community that is truly inclusive, innovative, impactful and international. You can find more information about us on our website: https://thecavendishschool.org.uk/
We are very excited to be providing new local provision for children with autism and we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic teaching assistants (from level 1 to 3) to be a part of our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be an aspirational, creative, innovative and caring practitioner who share our vision and core values. Our teaching assistants will be an integral part of a class team and able to offer support across the whole school setting.
This post will start January 2022
You will be:
- Eager to challenge yourself to deliver the excellent progress and development for our students
- Proactive in the development of relationships with parent and carers to involve them in the education and learning community of their children.
- Open minded, resilient and with a good sense of humour that you want to contribute to a close knit team.
- Compassionate, considerate and hardworking.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join a trust at an exciting stage of growth and development
- A brand new and autism-friendly innovative learning environment
- A forward looking, evidence informed, CPD programme with Trust wide CPD
- Opportunities to visit and learn from other schools
- Employment from a trust who value staff (and pupil) mental health and Wellbeing.
We are confident that when joining TCS and the Trust you will feel welcomed from the outset and we welcome visits from any prospective applicant and these can be booked via Stephanie Smith: Hello@tcs.tela.org.uk
Our Trust is wholly committed to equal opportunities, to safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children and young people. All staff are expected to share this commitment and we ensure all our recruitment and selection processes share this commitment. This position is subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date: Noon Friday 08th October 2021
Interviews: To be held W/C 18th October 2021
Applicants must complete a Trust application form: we cannot accept CVs. Completed applications should be sent to HR@tcs.tela.org.uk by the closing date.