Teacher of Latin (KS3-4) – 0.5 FTE
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year”
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication. Due to the continued expansion of the College, we are looking to recruit an outstanding and passionate Teacher of Latin to work approximately 0.5 FTE.
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last four years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, and over 40% at 7-9 (or equivalent). The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
Latin outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress. Students regularly achieve the top Grade 9s and Latin is taught as both an enrichment class in years 7-8 and then as part of our GCSE programme in years 9-11. We also typically offer enrichment in Classical Civilisations or Ancient Egyptian as part of our iCAS programme, depending on the skillset and interests of the teacher.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development, engaging with the latest pedagogical research and to developing students’ love of languages. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. You will be well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including two Lead Practitioners.
With your knowledge and passion for Latin you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return, we can offer you:
- reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for NQTs
- the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
- excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
- access to the opportunities created by our newly established Trust, where IVC is one of the Lead Schools
- support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
- support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
- subsidised access to our sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day