This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication for the second year running. Due to the continued expansion of the College, we are looking to recruit an outstanding and passionate Level 2 Teaching Assistant (Intimate Care and Physiotherapy), to work in our exceptional SEND department with our wonderful students.
At IVC, inclusion is at the heart of our ethos and we have a large and highly regarded SEND Faculty with approximately fifty Teaching Assistants. We have students from 11-18 with a wide range of needs, some of which are very complex, including almost 100 students with EHCPs. We also have a post-16 provision and Enhanced Resource unit for young people with complex needs.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to progress your career and undertake structured training and development to enable you to support a students who require intimate care and physiotherapy support. This role will also give you the opportunity to support other SEND students across the age, ability and subject range. You will be joining a skilled, dedicated and supportive team of staff in our SEND faculty and a College which supports inclusion, independence and meaningful progression for all students.
As a College we are committed to investing in our teaching assistants and their talent. Starting with a comprehensive induction programme we make sure every TA is clear about their role, and has the tools, knowledge and learning they need to perform well and make a difference. We provide fortnightly structured CPD either delivered by our specialist staff or external professionals to give you the opportunity to learn more about specialism areas or strategies to work with specific students.
With this specific role you will be offered the opportunity to undertake a range of training including, but not limited to, moving and handling training, intimate care training and physiotherapy training. You will be fully supported by the SEND faculty while undertaking this role.
With your knowledge and passion for SEND you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful provision embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return, IVC can offer you:
• the opportunity to work in a team where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including positions across our growing Trust, the Eastern Learning Alliance
• access to the opportunities created through the Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to our Trust schools’ sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day, and half price Adult Education classes for you and your friends/family